"This is IT"

Amanda Hobbs

"This is IT"
Saturday, April 16, 2016

Well guys, as you know we had transfer on April 5th and the last 2 weeks has been absolute torture!

A while back I was looking at the TTC Sisters website and they had a blog entry contest about how you deal with the 2ww. I love writing my blog but I didn't feel like I could enter the contest because I honestly don't know how to deal with it. Literally, I spent the ENTIRE time looking up every single thing I could think of on Google. Comparing my symptoms with other women's symptoms. (the worst thing you can do) I am pretty sure I experienced every single emotion under the sun just by reading what other women had written. I just knew I was doomed if I didn't feel cramping by day 4. Gosh, I think that I make this harder on myself than it really has to be. Mostly I was impatient; I just wanted, no, needed to know right now!!!

So of course I started home testing. I took my first one 6dp6dt. I was so scared. I just didn't want to see that negative.

I had been feeling some slight cramping but nothing that I was too excited about. I honestly just thought it was my bowel. Thanks Google.


Guys, I couldn't believe it! I showed Mr. H and he saw it too. I was so happy that day.

I told myself that I should calm down and take it slower because, if you remember, last time I got a positive test pretty early too. I decided that I would test every morning until beta day and just keep my fingers crossed that the lines got darker. 

*Note* This did not mean that I wasn't a nervous wreck; I was.

7dp6dt- BFP!

8dp6dt- BFP!

9dp6dt- BFP!


Holy smokes!!! This is it; it's finally happening!

Beta day was April 14, 9dp6dt, and I was a nervous/slightly confident mess! I went in around 9:30 and had my blood drawn and then started checking the clinic's patient portal as soon as I got back work. I knew it wouldn't be up that soon but I just couldn't help it. Every time I clicked on that refresh button, which must have been 2 thousand time, I got butterflies. Probably should have just waited. I didn't get any work done.

Before the results even came up my clinic called me. BFP!! My beta was 178; I'm pregnant!


Since my beta was on Thursday the next test would have been scheduled for Saturday except there are no clinics open for blood draw on Saturdays in this town. I asked the nurse if I could have a the second one on Friday instead, just for peace of mind to get me through the weekend. If the number went up I would feel so much better. She obliged and I had another beta. In 24 hours the number went up to 290. Such good news. I am so happy and so thankful!

So I thought that as soon as I got pregnant all of the worry would disappear. Boy was I wrong. I think I am even more worried now than I was before. This is tough and I feel like all I'm doing is waiting for the next test; currently waiting.

I have another beta on Monday and then another on Wednesday. As long as the numbers keep rising, all is good. I don't think I will feel better until the heartbeat ultrasound, which is in just a couple of weeks. I can do it.

I will continue to think positive thoughts get plenty of sleep. ;)

I praise God for answering my prayers. I am the happiest girl in the world!!

I will update as soon as I get more results. Eeeekkkk!